As a member of the JTB Group, JTB Global Marketing & Travel has developed a corporate philosophy focused on introducing the allure of Japan to the world by creating a multitude of valuable and meaningful experiences. While conducting business, we also strive to support global communication and the realization of a peaceful, eco-friendly society.
We see the reliable protection of personal information of our customers and others who have business with our company as indispensable in the implementation of this philosophy and fundamental policy, prompting us to enact the following:
- We have developed a personal information management system based on the JIS Q 15001 Standard, and ensured the strict adherence by management and all employees.
- When we handle (collect, utilize, provide etc.) personal information, we will collect it legally and by fair method and will utilize and provide it within the purpose in accordance with personal information management system written above and also within the limits of business. Whenever the necessity to handle personal information goes beyond the specific purpose of utilization, we will never use it beyond the intended purpose and once again notice our customers the purpose of utilization and require consent from them. We will utilize and provide the specific personal information that we acquired only within the purpose of utilization stipulated in Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure. We will never utilize the personal number beyond the intended purpose by setting a procedure of storage management; The general manager of personal information will appoint a person in charge and conduct to protect personal number by prohibiting the handle of personal number by other person.
- We will take organizational, technical, and rational preventive and corrective measures to mitigate the risk of illegal access, loss, destruction, and leak of all personal information handled by our company.
- When we receive a complaint, inquiry related to handling of personal information from our customers, we will process such complaint, inquiry appropriately and promptly.
- We will strictly follow all laws, guidelines, social norms, and public standards regarding personal information.
- Our personal information management system is regularly audited and continuously improved.
February 27, 2007 (Established)
March 15, 2016(revised)
JTB Global Marketing & Travel
Hisanori Zama, President & CEO
Personal Protection Section
Phone Number: 03-5796-5400
How We Handle Personal Information
In accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and JTB Global Marketing & Travel Personal Information Protection Policy, JTB Global Marketing & Travel (below, JTBGMT) handles and works to protect the personal information of customers as follows.
In accordance with this policy regarding the retention and management of classified information, the following party will be held accountable for overseeing the protection of this personal information.
Partly Responsible for Protection of Personal Information: JTB Global Marketing&Travel, General Manager, Administration Department
1. Customer Personal Information Kept by JTBGMT
JTBGMT keeps a portion of personal information provided by customers in travel requests and other transactions as personal data. JTBGMT also handles personal data entrusted to it by other travel companies, including companies based overseas, in order to provide travel arrangements requested by those companies.
2. Reasons for Use of Customer Personal Information
JTBGMT and its designated travel businesses (branches) will use personal information provided in travel purchase forms to contact customers, as well as when necessary in the performance of our travel and other services as requested by the customer, including the arrangement of transportation and accommodations (as listed in the agreement).
* In addition, JTBGMT will use customer personal information...
- To respond to inquiries
- To process credit card payments for products or services
- To provide information on products, services, and campaigns offered by JTBGMT and related companies
- To request opinions and impressions after participating in travel
- To request participation in questionnaires
- To offer special services
- To create statistical data
3. Handling of Personal Information Related to Credit Cards Used for Internet Purchases
JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc. will use the personal information of customers related to credit cards used to pay for products or services over the internet.
Name of Collector of Credit Card Data
JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
Outside Consignment of Payment Processing
JTB Global Marketing & Travel consigns all operations necessary to process payments for products or services purchased via the internet by credit card to outside companies.
For payments on the JAPANiCAN web page (http://www.japanican.com/): i.JTB Corp.
For payments on web sites used to book accommodations and other services for international conferences: JTB BUSINESS INNOVATORS Corp.
*The names of the companies consigned to process payments can be confirmed when entering credit card information.
The personal information related to credit card data is saved for the following periods, after which it is erased.
For iJTB Corp.: 13 months
For JTB BUSINESS INNOVATORS Corp.: 6 months
4. Sensitive Information
JTBGMT does not collect, use or provide information to third parties on political opinions, faith (religion, philosophy, or creed), race or ethnicity, lineage or place of birth, medical treatment or sexual history, or criminal history, except when obtained consent from our customers or when permitted by law. Also, when sensitive information is collected, used, or provided to a third party, JTBGMT takes special care in its handling so as not to collect, use, or provide information in a way that is not in accordance with the law.
5. Providing Customer Personal Information to Third Parties
- JTBGMT will provide in electronic form a customer's name, gender, age, address, phone number, e-mail address, passport number, and credit card number to transportation, accommodation, and insurance companies as necessary to arrange and provide purchased travel services, or as necessary to fulfill travel agreements or complete insurance formalities to securitize costs when accidents occur.
- JTBGMT may provide customer personal information in our possession to souvenir stores to facilitate shopping by customers at their destination. In such cases, the customer's name, passport number and flight number will be provided electronically.
- In case of sickness and/or accidents occur, JTB GMT may request the personal information on the person of contact details during the tour service.JTB GMT will utilize this personal information on occasion if sickness and/or accidents occur and determine in its reasonable judgment that is deemed necessary to take contact. A customer shall be requested to have obtained the consent from the person of contact details in providing such personal information to JTB GMT.
6. Consignment of Customer Personal Information
JTBGMT may consign personal information to complete formalities for traveling abroad as well as perform procedures necessary to provide requested travel and other services. When consigning the information, JTBGMT will choose a consignee using company standards, enter into a contract with the consignee for protecting personal information, and audit their practices to ensure the proper handling of personal information.
7. Collection and Use of Customer Personal Information
JTBGMT handles the collection and use of customer personal information as follows:
- Customers are presented with a clearly worded policy on the purpose of collection and types of use in pamphlets and travel request forms, web site and permission for use and collection is sought.
- If the customer does not agree, information is only collected, not used.
- When the information is provided to data storage companies or third parties, customers will be notified, and permission will be sought.
- When the customer is a minor, the permission of the customer's parent or guardian will be sought.
- Though customers are free to choose whether or not to provide any or all types of personal information when requesting travel services or information, there are instances where JTBGMT will not be able to contact the customer or complete procedures necessary to provide the requested services when some or all information is not provided, and thus will not be able to accept the requests for services from the customer.
- In order to simplify customer purchases in the future, JTBGMT and members of the JTB Group listed below may share information, but in these cases, the information will be strictly managed and stored- JTB Corp.
- JTB Corp.
- JTB Hokkaido Corp.
- JTB Tohoku Corp.
- JTB Kanto Corp.
- JTB Metropolitan Corp.
- JTB Chubu Corp.
- JTB Tokai Corp.
- JTB Western Japan Corp.
- JTB Kansai Corp.
- JTB Chugoku Shikoku Corp.
- JTB Kyushu Corp.
- JTB Okinawa Corp.
- i.JTB Corp.
- JTB Asia Tourist Corp.
- JTB Japan Travel Corp.
8. Joint Use of Customer Personal Information
Among the customer personal information that it has acquired, JTBGMT will jointly use names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses with the group companies below at the minimum extent necessary to contact customers. This information will be used by the group companies with responsibility remaining with JTBGMT for their own sales activities, simplification of customer orders, sending information on products, and sending purchased products.
|JTB Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi ShinagawaShinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Hokkaido Corp.||Urban Net Sapporo Building, 8th Fl6-1-2 Kita IchijoChuo-ku, Sapporo|
|JTB Tohoku Corp.||Meiji Yasuda Seimei Sendai Ichibancho Building, 3rd Fl.3-7-23 Ichiban-choAoba-ku, Sendai|
|JTB Kanto Corp.||16F LA Tower, 11-2 Shin ToshinChuo-ku, Saitama|
|JTB Metropolitan Corp.||4F IK Bldg, 2-24-9 Kamiosaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Business World Tokyo Corp.||26F Shinjuku Park Tower, 3-7-1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Chubu Corp.||39F JR Central Towers, 1-1-4 Meieki Nakamura-ku, Nagoya|
|JTB Tokai Corp.||39F JR Central Towers, 1-1-4 Meieki Nakamura-ku, Nagoya|
|JTB Western Japan Corp.||13F JTB Bldg, 2-1-25 Kyutaro-machiChuo-ku, Osaka|
|JTB Kansai Corp.||13F JTB Bldg, 2-5-10 SonezakiKita-ku, Osaka|
|JTB Chugoku Shikoku Corp.||11F Hiroshima Kogin Bldg, 2-1-12 Kamiya-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima|
|JTB Kyushu Corp.||New KBC Building, 5F 1-1-35 NagahamaChuo-ku, Fukuoka|
|JTB Okinawa Corp.||Shintoshin DL Bldg. 4-19-30 Omoromachi, Nahas-shi, Okinawa|
|JTB Media Retailing Corp.||3F MF Bldg. 4-6-5 Kohinata, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo|
|i.JTB Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi ShinagawaShinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Business Innovators Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi Shinagawa Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|Travel Plaza International, Inc.||2-1-9 Tomioka, Koto-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Global Assistance, Inc.||2-1-15 Iwamoto-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Japan Travel Corp.||2-3-1, Higasishinagawa, Shinagawa-ku|
10. Inquiries, Release, Deletion, and Correction of Customer Personal Information
Anyone who requests that we disclose, delete or destroy, change, stop the use, or stop sharing with third parties their individual customer personal information in our possession will be provided with the necessary steps to do so by contacting the departments listed below. When requested, we will take all necessary measures as set by laws and company regulations without delay. If we are unable to comply with all or part of your request, we will provide an explanation.
Please contact the departments below for any issues concerning personal information.
- Questions and complaints about the handling of personal information and requests for disclose, deletion or destruction.
JTB Global Marketing & Travel, Inc., General Manager, Administration Department
Address: 2-3-14 Highashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Hours: 9:30-18:00 (Weekdays)
Phone: 03-5796-5400 (Not open Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or 12/30-1/3)
- Requests for Corrections, Stop of Usage, and Stop Sharing with Third Parties Please contact the branch at which you purchased your trip.
（Contact information is located on the copy of your application and on the contract.)
11. In Circumstances When Personal Information is Leaked
If for some reason JTBGMT personal information is disclosed, we will contact the customer immediately. If necessary, we will temporarily shout down our system to maintain security, or we may promptly announce facts about the situation publicly on our homepage.
August 1, 2017(revised)