Protection policy for personal information
The company, as a member of the JTB Group, has a management philosophy of promoting international exchanges and achieving a peaceful and environmentally friendly society by improving the attractiveness of Japan, as well as by promoting positive values and inspiring people around the world.
Under this philosophy and basic policy, we try to provide the highest quality products and services in the MICE*2 businesses, such as those for enterprises and events, SITs*3, and package tours for foreigners. We do this by utilizing the solution techniques that we have developed as DMC*1 of Japan, to achieve the number-one ranking in customer satisfaction; and by undertaking open and fair corporate activities, to gain the trust of our customers, business partners and society. We also endeavor to raise our corporate value through ceaseless business innovation. Gaining our customers' trust requires protection of their personal information and that of others connected with our Company. So, we execute the following:
- We will create a personal information protection management system that conforms to the JIS Q 15001 standard, and which all the directors and employees shall strictly observe.
- The handling of personal information such as its collection, use and provision, shall be based on the above-mentioned personal information protection management system, and we will only collect information necessary for our business and by legitimate means, and will use and provide the information only for legitimate purposes. Furthermore, if the necessity arises for handling in a way that exceeds the range of the specific purposes of use, we will notify the person concerned of the purpose of use in order to obtain prior acknowledgement from him/her, after obtaining an approval from the personal information protection manager in-house. We will never use the information for any other purposes than those mentioned above. The specific personal information that has been obtained shall be used and provided only for the purposes stipulated by the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure. The personal information protection manager shall create a procedure for storing and administering personal information and shall appoint a person to manage its administration, and shall not allow anybody except the administrative manager to handle Social Security and Tax Number information. The personal information shall not be used for any other purposes than the above-mentioned legitimate purposes.
- For all the personal information handled in the Company, we shall execute reasonable prevention and correction measures regarding organization and technology against an unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage, etc.
- For complaints and inquiries concerning the personal information handling, we will make a system and organization able to respond quickly and appropriately.
- We will observe the regulations concerning the protection of personal information and the proper handling of specific personal information, the guidelines provided by the government, social norms, and public order and morals.
- We will regularly audit the personal information protection management system, and continuously improve it.
*1 DMC: Abbreviation of Destination Management Company
*2 MICE: Abbreviation of Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions
*3 SIT: Abbreviation of Special Interest Tour
(Established) February 27, 2007
(Revised) January 21, 2019
JTB Global Marketing & Travel
President & CEO Shinya Kurosawa
JTB Global Marketing & Travel Department of General Affairs
Address: 2-3-14, Higashi Shinagawa Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Reception time: 9:30-18:00 (During business hours on weekdays)
Phone Number: 03-5796-5400
About the handling of personal information
The Company is handling the customers' personal information as follows and is making efforts for its protection, based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the "Personal information protection policy" of the Company.
Based on the above-mentioned policy, we appoint the following person as the personal information protection manager for the protection of confidentiality and the administration related to the personal information.
Personal information protection manager: Administrative manager of JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
1. Personal information of customers that the Company possesses.
(1) The Company possesses a part of the personal information provided to the Company from a customer at the application for travel, etc. as personal data.
(2) The Company handles the personal information entrusted to us in order to make arrangements for travel at the request of other travel agencies, including those in foreign countries.
(3) The Company possesses as personal data the Social Security and Tax Number System's personal identification numbers of employees of the Company, the dependents of such employees, and those with whom the Company has continuous contractual relation and makes a record of payment, etc.
2. Purpose of use of customer's personal information
(1) The Company and its travel agencies (the shops) shall use the personal information stated in the form that a customer submits at the time of application, for the purpose of making a contact with the customer and within a range necessary for the arrangements of as well as the procedure for the receipt of the travel-related services provided by entities for the transportation and accommodation during the travel that the customer applied for (the major transportation and accommodation entities are stated in the contractual document).
*Additionally, the Company may use customers' personal information to:
- Respond to inquiries
- Settle the payments for products and services by a credit card
- Guide on the product, services and campaign of the Company as well as of other companies with which the Company cooperates.
- Request your opinion and impressions after the travel
- Request that you answer our questionnaires
- Provide the customers with the privileged services
- Make statistical materials
- Investigate and analyze the utilization of services.
(2) The Company will use the personal information of those who applied for a job and for recruitment for personal identification, contact with the person in question, and for any other operations necessary to execute such job offers and recruitment.
3. About the handling of personal information such as credit card information for transactions via the Internet.
The Company may use personal information, such as the customer's credit card information, to settle the price of the products and services for transactions via the Internet with a credit card.
[Name of the acquirer of credit card information etc.]:
JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc. (the Company)
[Outsourcing of settlement business]:
The Company consigns and outsources the operations and administrations necessary for the price settlement of transactions of the products and services via internet with a credit card to an external contractor.
[Name of the consignee]:
Settlement of the price of accommodation, etc. for international conferences via the reception website: JTB Corp.
*You can confirm the consignee’s name when you input credit card information, etc.
We will delete the personal information of credit card, etc. after the following period.When the consignee is JTB Corp., it is six months.
4. About sensitive personal information
Except the case where permitted by applicable laws and regulations, and unless an acknowledgement has been obtained from the customer, the Company shall not obtain, use or provide to a third party any sensitive personal information such as political opinion, religious belief (including religion, thought, and creed), race and ethnicity, origin of family and registered domicile, medical treatment for health and sexual life, and criminal record (hereafter referred to as “sensitive personal information”). Moreover, in the case that we obtain, use or provide to a third party any sensitive personal information, we will be especially careful not to deviate from the conditions admitted by the law for such obtainment, use and provision.
5. Provision of the customer's personal information to a third party
(1)The Company may provide via an electronic or other means, such information as the customer's name, gender, age, address, telephone number or email address, and the passport number and the credit card number to the transportation and accommodation entities, insurance companies and arrangement agencies, within the range necessary for such arrangement of and procedure for the receipt of the travel services that a customer applied for, or for the Company to be able to be responsible for the travel contract or the procedure for the insurance for the payment of any expenses in case of an accident.
(2)The Company may provide souvenir shops at the travel destinations with the customers' personal data for the convenience in shopping by the customers. In such a case, we provide the customers' personal data such as the name, passport number, and the name of the flight by electronic means beforehand.
(3)The Company may request personal information of a person to contact in case the customer has an illness or accident, etc. during the travel. The Company may use this personal information in case the customer becomes ill, etc. and the Company acknowledges the necessity of contact with such a person. The customer shall agree to obtain acknowledgement from such a contact person that the customer will provide the Company with his/her personal information.
Furthermore, please refer to "9. About cookies" for the details of the information that a third party may obtain through an advertisement on our website or the emails that we send.
6. About entrusting of the customers' personal information
The Company may entrust the personal information to others within a range necessary for arrangements and receipts of the travel services that the customer applied for as well as for the procedures for the customer to go abroad. In the case that we entrust the personal information to an external company, we will carefully select such a company that satisfies our evaluation criteria, and will execute an agreement for the protection of personal information, and supervise the activities of such a company so that the personal information may be treaded accordingly.
7. Collection and use of customer's personal information
Please understand beforehand that the Company may collect and use the customer's personal information in the following manner.
(1)We disclose the purpose of collection and the range of use, in pamphlets, application forms and our website, with a view to obtaining the consent of customers.
(2)Unless approval from the customer has been obtained, we will not use it for any purpose, even after collection.
(3)In case we entrust or provide the personal information to a third party, we will notify the customer in order to obtain prior consent.
(4)When the customer is a minor, we will obtain consent from the person with parental authority.
(5)As for the items of personal information that we may request in the application form or in your request for a material/information about a travel, it is left to your discretion whether or not to provide the personal information for each item. However, if we are unable to contact you or to execute a procedure for the receipt of a travel services because you don’t provide all or a part of such personal information, we may not accept such an application for, or request for, material/information on the travel.
(6)Although we may share the customer information with a member company of our Group as stated below in order to simplify the customer's application procedure for travel, we will control and maintain such information in an extremely strict manner.
- JTB Corp.
- JTB Media Retailing, Corp.
- JTB Giarec, Inc.
- JTB Business Travel Solutions, Inc.
- JTB Okinawa, Corp.
- JTB Grandtour & Service, Inc.
- Travel Plaza International, Inc.
- JTB Communication Design, Inc.
- JTB Business Innovators, Inc.
8. Shared utilization of customers' personal information
Out of the customers' personal data that we possess, we will share the minimum amount of personal data necessary to contact the customer-that is, the name, the address, the telephone number and the email address-with the member companies of our Group. Our corporate Group may carefully use it to send the customer the corporate brochure of each company, to simplify the application procedure, to send the information about campaigns, etc., as well as to deliver the goods that the customer purchased.
|JTB Corp.||2-3-11, Higashi Shinagawa Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Media Retailing, Corp.||Myogadani Station MF Bldg. 4-6-15, Kohinata, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo|
|PTS Corp.||3-13-2, Takada, Toshima-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Giarec, Inc.||2-43-19, Minami-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Business Travel Solutions, Inc.||NBF Toyosu Canal Front, 5-6-52, Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Okinawa, Corp.||Shintoshin DL Bldg. 4-19-30 Omoromachi, Naha City, Okinawa|
|JTB Grandtour & Service, Inc.||Jingumae Ota Bldg. 5-7-20 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo|
|Travel Plaza International, Inc.||2-1-9, Tomioka, Koto-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Communication Design, Inc.||Celestine Shiba Mitsui Bldg. 12F,13F 3-23-1 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Business Innovators, Inc.||Shinagawa Tokyu Bldg. 1-6-31, Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Benefit Service, Inc.||2-7-6, Fukagawa, Koto-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Trading, Inc.||Nakanosakaue Sunbright Twin, 2-16-1, Honmachi, Nakano-ku, Tokyo|
9. About cookies
10. Handling of the specific individual information
(1)The Company will use the Social Security and Tax Number only within the range of the purpose of use provided by the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure.
(2)The Company will not provide it to any third party other than those who are permitted by the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure.
(3)When the administration related to the Social Security and Tax Number stipulated by the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure is complete, the Company will delete or eliminate the personal identification number.
11. Inquiry and disclosure, etc. concerning the customer's personal information
Regarding the personal information that the Company possesses, please use the contacts below if you want notification and disclosure of the purpose of use, or correction, addition or deletion of the content, or suspension of use, or elimination, or the suspension of providing to a third party ("disclosure, etc.") so that we may notify you of the necessary procedures that you may take. However, we may not be able to accept your request in the case that it is about information that the Company added for itself, or if the disclosure, the suspension of use, the deletion or the suspension of provision to a third party may cause a significant obstacle for the proper implementation of the businesses of the Company. In such a case, we will take the necessary steps without delay according to the laws, regulations and our in-house rules. Moreover, when it is not possible to satisfy all or a part of your request, we will explain the reason. Our point of contact for the inquiry about the personal information and disclosure, etc. is as follows.
(1)Inquiries concerning handling of personal information, and a request for notification of purpose of use of personal information, and disclosure, deletion or elimination.
JTB Global Marketing & Travel Administrative manager of General Affairs
Address: Tokyo Front Terrace, 2-3-14, Higashi Shinagawa Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Reception time: 9:30-18:00 (During business hours on weekdays)
Phone Number: 03-5796-5400(Closed on Saturday, Sunday, National holiday and during December 30～Janauary 3)
(2)If you want notification of the purpose of use of personal information, correction or addition of the content, suspension of use, or suspension of provision to a third party, please ask the travel agency where you applied for the travel.
(Please confirm that the point of contact is stated in the duplicate of this application form as well as in the document of contract.)
12. In case any personal information is leaked
In case of any trouble such as leakage of the personal information that we possess, we will contact the customer immediately. We will take measures to secure the information, and will stop our system temporarily if necessary, and disclose the facts on our website, etc. promptly.
(Revised) July 1, 2018