[Private Tour] Recommended for First-time Visitors to Sendai! Bus Tour to Famous Sightseeing Spots around the City
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Tohoku (Sendai, etc.) Walking Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
- See a dazzling mausoleum that's simply impressive! Visitors will also be awed by the enormous castle brought back to life with CG.
- Sendai, a beautiful city nestled in rich nature. It was Date Masamune, a military commander who lived about 400 years ago, who led the development of Sendai. Not only was he skilled in battle; he had a sense of beauty as well, and bestowed a magnificent culture that remains to this day.
On this tour, a guide from otomo Inc. will lead customers to sightseeing spots related to Date Masamune. Let the specialized guide tell you about all the captivating charms! Destinations include Zuihoden, where Date Masamune is enshrined; Sendai Castle Ruins, where visitors can experience a virtual castle stroll with CG; Osaki Hachimangu Shrine, a luxurious shrine that has been designated as a National Treasure; and more. Sendai sightseeing is truly brimming with must-see spots. Look forward to learning each destination's fascinating appeal as told only by a specialized guide!
Also get a taste of Sendai's specialty food such as zunda mochi, rice cake with a paste of mashed edamame beans. Relish the flavor of local sweets carefully prepared the traditional way!
- As you are traveling with a specialized otomo Inc. guide who knows all about the local area, the tour is sure to be much more fun than traveling on your own! There might be some hidden spots that visitors traveling by themselves wouldn't notice, but the otomo Inc. guide will be there to let you in on the secret.
- Customers will be efficiently guided to famous sightseeing spots which are dotted throughout Sendai City.
- The otomo Inc. guide will be assisting customers in their language, so look forward to having a deeper understanding about Date Masamune and Sendai's history.
- Enjoy zunda mochi, a local specialty, at a long-established teahouse.
- This is a private tour that can be booked for 1 to 6 people. Customers can have an enjoyable tour with people they know at their own pace.
09:00- Meet in front of Sendai Station Central Ticket Gate Information Center Sendai Station Central Ticket Gate, in front of Information Center
09:05-09:20 15(min) Omiyage Dokoro Sendai Before heading out to explore the city, look for a snack to enjoy during the tour. Within the station, the product lineup includes Sendai specialties such as sasakama (sasa kamaboko, a type of fish cake) or zunda (zunda mochi, rice cake with mashed edamame bean paste) . If you can't decide on what to buy, the otomo Inc. guide will happily give you some suggestions.
09:50-10:50 60(min) Zuihoden The tour begins. The first destination is where Date Masamune, the father of Sendai, is enshrined. Its gorgeous ornaments are so impressive, you wouldn't think it's a mausoleum. Experience the brilliant culture of Japan from that era.
11:00-11:45 45(min) Sendai City Museum This museum houses many exhibits about Date Masamune and the history of Sendai. In addition to taking in the sights, visitors can also try activities such as making a family crest or wearing a helmet. Feel like a Sendai feudal lord!
12:00-12:30 30(min) Gengo Chaya The middle point of the tour. Take a rest at a long-established teahouse that's been loved by the locals since long ago. Sendai's local sweet, zunda mochi, is a must-try! Each zunda mochi, thoughtfully prepared in the same traditional method, is an exquisite masterpiece.
12:40-13:10 30(min) Sendai Castle Ruins This is the former site of the Date clan's castle. Take in the panorama of Sendai City from elevated ground. While it's unfortunate that the castle has been torn down, CG set up within the grounds allows visitors to perceive how the castle was at the time.
13:40-14:40 60(min) Osaki Hachimangu Shrine This is Japan's oldest shrine built in gongenzukuri style, a type of Shinto architecture. It is designated as a National Treasure, and to this day is cherished by the local people for its Shinto deity that protects Sendai. It is also famous as a spot filled with mystical energy, and people come here to pray for victory at competitions or success in a thriving business.