1-Day Kisoji， Nakasendo Trail Tour: Tsumago & Magome Post Towns (Via JR Train， Round Trip from Nagoya)
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Chubu (Nagoya, Kanazawa, Takayama, etc.) Walking Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. From Nagoya, the tour will go on a day trip to Tsumago and Magome - post towns that retain some buildings from around 400 years ago - along with a National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter. Listen to some historical anecdotes and learn about tasty local food. Public transportation and taxis are used for an efficient, enjoyable trip, so the tour schedule is also convenient for those joining from Tokyo and Osaka.
2. You can also experience a relaxing walk along approximately 3.3 kilometers of the Nakasendo Trail. The guide will lead you along roads that were once tread by samurai, so you don't need to worry about getting lost. Take a slip through time to the Japan from 400 years ago.
3. Visit an area that is one of Japan's first Preservation Districts for Groups of Traditional Buildings and which has been gathering attention as an international sightseeing spot.
4. Place your mobile phone in your bag and say goodbye to the everyday. Experience the traditional rural atmosphere of Japan.
5. Savor mouthwatering treats such as Kisoji soba noodles, gohei mochi (rice dumpling), kurikinton (sugared chestnut and sweet potato), oyaki dumplings, and more! This tour lets you walk around with a National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter while enjoying delicious local snacks.
08:40-08:40 Meet at Tourist Information Center inside Nagoya Station The National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter will be waiting for participants holding a placard at the Tourist Information Center inside Nagoya Station.
*This is not the JR Information Desk; it is the Nagoya Station Tourist Information Center. Please take care to go to the correct meeting location.
09:00-09:00 Depart from JR Nagoya Station Ride the limited express train Wide View Shinano (ordinary car, reserved seat)
09:48-10:45 Arrive at Nakatsugawa Station / Departure Transfer to a route bus. Seats are non-reserved.
11:10- 260(min) Arrive at Magome / Sightseeing The post town sits on a sloped area which stretches for about 600 meters. The road is paved with stones, and lined with houses that evoke the richness of Japan's history. Take a stroll around Magome where visitors will find a large waterwheel, old Japanese folk houses, historical stone monuments, and more.
Those who would like may be guided around the temple lodging next to the Zen temple's main hall. Enjoy some matcha green tea and traditional Japanese sweets.
*May be unavailable if the Zen temple is closed.
After sightseeing, take a bus to Tsumago.
Nakasendo Trail Walking The tour will walk approximately 3.3 kilometers along the Nakasendo Trail which connects the 2 beautiful post towns of Magome and Tsumago. The tour will take a stroll while enjoying the beautiful valley and rural area scenery with stone-paved streets and Japanese cedar trees.
-15:30 Arrive at Tsumago / Sightseeing Tsumago is Japan's first post town to preserve its district, creating an area that has seemingly stopped in time 400 years ago.
Head to the Nagisomachi Museum (Tsumago-juku Honjin & Waki Honjin Okuya). Honjin, the post town's main inn, is where the feudal lords and other people of high status stayed. Afterwards, feel free to enjoy sightseeing.
After sightseeing, take a taxi to JR Nagiso Station.
*The tour may ride in several taxis depending on the number of participants.
*If taxis are full, the tour may take a route bus instead.
15:45-15:55 Arrive at JR Nagiso Station / Departure Ride the limited express train Wide View Shinano (ordinary car, reserved seat)
17:01-17:01 Arrive at JR Nagoya Station Tour ends after arrival