1-Day World Heritage Shirakawago & Gokayama Thatched Roof Village Tour (With Lunch) (From Kanazawa)
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Chubu (Nagoya, Kanazawa, Takayama, etc.) 1-Day Bus Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. Efficiently visit 2 World Heritage sites, Gokayama and Shirakawago, all in 1 day! Enjoy seeing how these treasured 'gassho-zukuri' structures differ from more common traditional Japanese houses.
2. This plan offers sightseeing that is efficient and trouble-free compared to public transportation. Also, those with lots of luggage have nothing to worry about, as this tour uses a charter bus.
3. The Hokuriku Shinkansen can whisk you from Tokyo to Kanazawa in as little as 150 minutes. Kanazawa is conveniently located for access from both Osaka and Kyoto, and after reaching Kanazawa, you're just 1 step away from Shirakawago and Gokayama!
4. Tours departing on July 1 to Oct. 31 will take a drive along Hakusan Shirakawago White Road, a scenic toll road which passes through Hakusan National Park. Look forward to sightseeing at stop-offs along the way and enjoy the seasonal scenery of this area.
5. Along the way also enjoy a senbei (rice cracker) baking experience, as well as shopping for local souvenirs.
08:00-08:00 Depart from JR Kanazawa Station Kanazawa Port Gate (West Gate) Group Bus Platform Please arrive by 7:50.
Access: A short walk from JR Kanazawa Station Kanazawa Port Gate.
09:30-11:00 90(min) Hakusan Shirakawago White Road Fukube no Otaki Waterfall and Toganokidai The Hakusan Shirakawago White Road is a 33.3 km long paved toll road with sections between 600 and 1,450 meters above sea level which connects World Heritage site Shirakawago and Ishikawa Prefecture's Hakusan city, ideal for sightseeing in the area. Attractive in any season with spring greenery, cooler temperatures in summer, colored leaves in autumn, and views of snow-capped peaks in winter, this area is blessed with many natural treasures including waterfalls of all sizes, beautiful valley scenery and a virgin forest of beech trees. Enjoy a wonderful drive through the mountains on the White Road.
11:20-11:35 15(min) Shirakawago Ogimachi Castle Ruins Observatory Look out on the gassho-zukuri thatched roof village of Shirakawago from the observation deck as it spreads out below your eyes.
11:45-13:30 105(min) Sightseeing at Shirakawago and Lunch Stroll around freely at the World Heritage site of Shirakawago, a traditional village of 'gassho-zukuri' thatched roof houses surrounded by the idyllic scenery of rice paddies.
Shirakawa Village Office website: http://shirakawa-go.org/en/ (other languages available)
Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch featuring a menu of mountain delicacies.
14:15-15:05 50(min) World Heritage Gokayama Ainokura Village Enjoy free time to walk around. The 23 gassho-style thatched-roof houses and the beautiful, nostalgic surroundings of Gokayama Ainokura Village are sure to steal your heart.
15:40-16:10 30(min) Senbei (Rice Cracker) Baking Experience Senbei (Rice Cracker) Baking Experience at Fukumitsu Sasaraya
Senbei crackers, a popular Japanese snack, can be baked in less than a minute by laying them on a wire grill and flipping carefully with bamboo tongs. The shiroebi senbei soft-serve ice cream - vanilla ice cream mixed with finely ground broad velvet shrimp senbei (rice crackers) - is quite popular! Buy a cone to enjoy as a souvenir at the end of your trip.
17:00-17:00 JR Kanazawa Station Kanazawa Port Gate (West Gate) Group Bus Platform Tour ends upon arrival.
*This may be delayed due to traffic congestion along the way.