Shirakawago & Takayama Platinum Route Tour (From Kanazawa) (With Lunch)
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Chubu (Nagoya, Kanazawa, Takayama, etc.) 1-Day Bus Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. Travel from Kanazawa to Shirakawago, then on to Takayama. Visit popular spots in 1 day on this reasonably priced tour.
2. The Hokuriku Shinkansen can whisk you from Tokyo to Kanazawa in as little as 150 minutes. Kanazawa is also conveniently located for access from both Osaka and Kyoto, and after reaching Kanazawa, you're just 1 step away from Shirakawago and Takayama!
3. Enjoy lunch at Shirakawago featuring a menu full of delicious mountain delicacies. 105 minutes is allotted at Takayama for participants to go sightseeing.
4. Along the way also enjoy a senbei (rice cracker) baking experience, as well as shopping for local souvenirs.
08:00-08:00 JR Kanazawa Station Kanazawa Port Gate (West Gate) Group Bus Platform Please arrive by 7:50.
Access: A short walk from JR Kanazawa Station Kanazawa Port Gate.
09:20-09:35 15(min) Shirakawago Ogimachi Castle Ruins Observatory Look out on the gassho-zukuri thatched roof village of Shirakawago from the observation deck as it spreads out below your eyes.
09:45-12:00 135(min) Sightseeing at Shirakawago and Lunch Stroll around freely at the World Heritage site of Shirakawago, a traditional village of 'gassho-zukuri' thatched roof houses surrounded by the idyllic scenery of rice paddies.
Shirakawa Village Office website: http://shirakawa-go.org/en/ (other languages available)
Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch featuring a menu of mountain delicacies.
13:00-14:45 105(min) Sightseeing in Takayama Immerse yourself in the nostalgic charm of the townscape as you walk the streets of Takayama's Old Town, where three streets are lined with traditional buildings in Kamimachi and Shitamachi, which flourished as merchant areas at the heart of the castle town. There is plenty to see including a 1,200-year-old giant ginkgo tree and the three-story pagoda at Hida Kokubun-ji Temple.
16:05-16:35 30(min) Senbei (Rice Cracker) Baking Experience Senbei (Rice Cracker) Baking Experience at Fukumitsu Sasaraya
Senbei crackers, a popular Japanese snack, can be baked in less than a minute by laying them on a wire grill and flipping carefully with bamboo tongs. The shiroebi senbei soft-serve ice cream - vanilla ice cream mixed with finely ground broad velvet shrimp senbei (rice crackers) - is quite popular! Buy a cone to enjoy as a souvenir at the end of your trip.
17:30-17:30 JR Kanazawa Station Kanazawa Port Gate (West Gate) Group Bus Platform Tour ends upon arrival.
*This may be delayed due to traffic congestion along the way.