Matsushima Bay Cruise & Green Tea Break Time at a Historical Tea House
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Tohoku (Sendai, etc.) Experience Plan
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. Go on a cruise at Matsushima Bay, one of Japan's three most spectacular views, and enjoy some traditional Japanese sweets and matcha green tea at Kanrantei, a popular sightseeing spot.
2. Take advantage of this special price, which is much more affordable than the regular price!
- Adults (age 13 and over): Normally JPY 2,300, reduced to JPY 2,000
- Children (age 12 and under): Normally JPY 1,400, reduced to JPY 1,200
3. Matsushima Bay was the first bay in Japan to be included in the World's Most Beautiful Bays Club. Enjoy admiring the ever-changing islands of Matsushima while cruising around the bay.
09:50-14:50 Matsushima Kaigan Rest House Counter No. 2 Meet-up Please refer to [Reception Method] & [Important Notes/Supplements: Meeting/Pick-up/Pick-up Location].
10:00-15:50 50(min) Matsushima Bay Cruise The Matsushima Bay cruise course takes passengers to see the bay's iconic islands such as Futagojima and Niojima (said to be shaped like a sitting person), as well as Kabutoshima (which has a unique shape eroded by the waves), Yoroishima (said to be shaped like an armor), and many other unique islands. Details on how the islands were named and other information are announced on board in English, Korean, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
Please refer to [Exemptions/Itinerary Guarantee: Itinerary/Destinations].
10:00-16:30 Kanrantei (Includes matcha green tea and sweets) "Kanran" means to watch the rippling waves. It is said that Kanrantei was formerly the teahouse at Fushimi-Momoyama Castle located in Kyoto.
Until the end of the Edo Era, there were 11 buildings within the compound including rooms for samurai following the feudal lord, kitchen, and stable. Among them was Kanrantei, a structure with rich, historic value. Relax and enjoy the scenery that must have been admired by the samurai of ancient times.
-16:30 After the tour, please head to your next destination on your own.