Drift Ice Sightseeing on the Garinko-go II Icebreaker from Monbetsu (Cruise No. 6， 13:15 Departure)
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Hokkaido Experience Plan
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
￥2,900 ~ (until Mar., 2021)
- Overview :
1. Hop aboard the Garinko-go II, an icebreaker ship that drills through thick ice over the ocean, breaking the icy layer into pieces, as it moves forward.
2. Normally priced at JPY 3,000 per adult, this tour is available at a JPY 100 discount, bringing the price to JPY 2,900.
3. Enjoy being surrounded by vast nature as you lay your eyes on the white Okhotsk Sea, off the northernmost coast of Japan.
4. The ship makes use of its most notable feature, two great Archimedean screws at the front, to drill through the ice.
13:00- Meet at Kaiyokoryukan Garinko-go Ticket Counter
13:15-14:45 90(min) Board the Garinko-go II Icebreaker Ship Enjoy a cruise aboard the icebreaker ship Garinko-go II. Feel the powerful force as the ship advances through the ocean, drilling through the thick layer of ice covering the Okhotsk Sea off the northernmost coast of Japan. Keep your eyes peeled as you might see some seals or Steller's sea eagles resting on the ice!
-14:45 Tour ends after disembarking the boat.