1-Day Snow Monkey Tour (With National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter， Round Trip from Nagano via Nagano Electric Railway)
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Chubu (Nagoya, Kanazawa, Takayama, etc.) Walking Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
￥19,200 ~ (until Mar., 2021)
- Overview :
1. This 1-day tour accompanied by an English-speaking National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter from Nagano visits Zenko-ji Temple, a designated National Treasure; and Jigokudani Monkey Park, which is famous as a place where Japanese macaques soak in hot springs during the cold season. The tour will travel via a Nagano Electric Railway train, so you can spend your time comfortably.
2. Sought after by many visitors from all over the world, the Jigokudani Monkey Park is where the behavior of Japanese macaques can be seen up close all year round. Enjoy seeing the monkeys' charming expressions while they spend time relaxing in hot springs, the only hot springs in the world exclusively used by wild monkeys.
3. Visit the Zenko-ji Temple, a designated National Treasure built roughly 1,400 years ago. Along with the Todai-ji Temple's Great Buddha Hall, it is one of Japan's most remarkable wooden structures.
4. For lunch, slurp some warm soba noodles, a Nagano specialty.
09:20- Meet at Nagano Station Meet at Nagano Station
*Participants may have to wait depending on the reservation status for Shinkansen trips departing from Tokyo.
09:30- Depart from Nagano Station Depart for Zenko-ji Daimon
40(min) Visit Zenko-ji Temple Visit Zenko-ji Temple, which boasts 1,400 years of rich history. Its main hall is a designated national treasure.
40(min) Lunch Lunch (Japanese-style)
The meal for lunch includes soba (buckwheat) noodles, a Nagano specialty. As traces of buckwheat flour may be present in the entire shop, those with buckwheat allergy may be unable to enter.
60(min) Depart from Zenko-ji Temple After lunch, head to Yudanaka Station from Zenkojishita Station
13:00- 10(min) Depart from Yudanaka Station Head to Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi via taxi
35(min) Depart from Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi Walk to Jigokudani Monkey Park.
This is a hard walking tour covering about 30 minutes one-way of walking from Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi to Jigokudani Monkey Park.
Please note that we are unable to provide special support for those with trouble walking, or small children.
Also, the walking path may be frozen and slippery if there is snow. Please wear winter boots or other non-slip footwear.
The temperature in the area in winter averages about -1°C, so it may be quite cold. Please wear warm clothing.
50(min) Jigokudani Monkey Park Visit the Jigokudani Monkey Park, a world-famous park where Japanese macaques can be seen up close as they freely soak in hot springs. This is the only place in the world where wild Japanese macaques can be seen bathing in their own designated hot spring. Enjoy seeing the amusing expressions of the monkeys up close as they warm themselves with a relaxing hot spring bath.
The behavior of wild monkeys is unpredictable. The park will be closed to visitors in case the monkeys do not come down to the park from the mountains. The tour may be canceled on the day before tour departure in such cases. A full refund will be issued if the tour is canceled.
The Japanese macaques at Jigokudani Monkey Park are wild. Do not feed or touch them. Thank you for your understanding.
35(min) Depart from Jigokudani Monkey Park Walk to Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi
10(min) Depart from Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi Head to Yudanaka Station via taxi
15:30- 60(min) Depart from Yudanaka Station Head to Nagano Station via Nagano Electric Railway
-16:30 Arrive at Nagano Station Tour ends upon arrival at Nagano Station