Tea Ceremony Experience & Nishiki Market Walking Tour
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Kansai (Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, etc.) Walking Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. This tour is accompanied by a National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter. Visit Kennin-ji Temple, the oldest Zen temple in Kyoto which was founded by the priest Yousai, who was known for introducing the tradition of drinking tea from China.
2. Walk around Gion, where the bustling atmosphere of Kyoto can be felt.
3. Experience first-hand Japanese culture at its most elegant with an authentic tea ceremony at Fukujuen, a long-established tea shop.
4. Walk around Nishiki Market, said to be Kyoto's kitchen, for the last leg of the tour.
13:40- Depart from Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo (Formerly: New Miyako Hotel) Head to Kennin-ji Temple by taxi.
60(min) Kennin-ji Temple Visit Kyoto's oldest Zen temple. See elaborately designed gardens and famous cultural properties on site.
Walk around Gion This district developed as a major hanamachi (entertainment district with maiko girls and geiko women) and still retains the refined and elegant atmosphere of old times. Take a stroll around the area and get a taste of traditional Japanese culture.
40(min) Tea Ceremony Experience After learning about tea ceremony and observing tea-serving manner, enjoy some matcha green tea.
20(min) Nishiki Market Enjoy walking around Kyoto's kitchen, Nishiki Market. A selection of Kyoto's unique ingredients will surely pique your interest.
17:00-17:30 Tour ends at Nishiki Market Please head to your next destination on your own.