[Private Tour] Matcha Green Tea Tour in Uji with Tasty Sweets & World Heritage Sites
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Kansai (Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, etc.) Walking Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. This is the only place with an experience where you can create matcha green tea powder on your own!
2. When it comes to Japan and Kyoto, matcha green tea comes to mind for a lot of people. The otomo Inc. matcha green tea tour in Uji is now available for lovers of matcha green tea! The tour will also visit Byodo-in Temple Phoenix Hall, a World Heritage in Uji!
Uji is one of the largest tea producing areas in the country, and is where many high-quality green teas and powdered green teas are produced. The approach road to Byodo-in Temple is lined with a surprising variety of products made with powdered green tea. There's desserts such as ice cream and jelly, as well as bread, soba noodles, and even beer! This is also recommended for people that hear the name "matcha green tea" and have a poor impression of it being bitter.
Additionally, on this tour participants will also be taken to a spot where they can experience making matcha green tea powder. Use the matcha green tea you milled yourself to brew and enjoy some delicious tea.
Uji is the only place where you can visit beautiful World Heritage temples and shrines and participate in a matcha green tea experience!
3. Use a millstone to grind up some powdered green tea on your own! What will matcha green tea brewed from the powdered green tea you ground yourself taste like?
Matcha green tea actually refers to the powder, so it can be kneaded into a variety of things. There are many matcha green tea-flavored foods that you normally wouldn't be able to eat.
In addition to Byodo-in Temple Phoenix Hall, there are also some hidden World Heritage sites.
Ujigami Shrine is a peculiar shrine that features a legend associated with rabbits, as well as omikuji fortune slips and souvenirs that are covered in rabbits.
4. This is a private tour that can be booked for 1 to 6 people. Customers can have an enjoyable tour with people they know at their own pace.
-10:00 Meet-up JR Uji Station by the Ticket Gate
10:10-10:30 20(min) Nakamura Tokichi Honten This is the flagship store for a very popular and long-established tea house that has locations not only in Ginza and Osaka, but overseas as well! While there