Kumamoto Lake， Kumamoto City Tour by Bicycle
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Kyushu Walking Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. Take a guided tour around Suizenji Ezuko Park, a symbol of Kumamoto, the "Land of Water."
2. On this tour, go cycling around Lake Ezu and experience the precious underground water Kumamoto takes pride in.
Only Sunrise Tours offers a tour via rental bicycle around Lake Ezu!
3. Take a moment to appreciate the rich spring water closely tied to the locals' way of life, and the unique nature fostered by this spring water.
Enjoy the tour with guidance from a local guide explaining Lake Ezu's nature and Kumamoto's history.
4. The tour ends at the approach to Kumamoto Suizenji Garden. After the tour, feel free to enjoy shopping for Kumamoto souvenirs and trying some local food.
5. About Infection Countermeasures:
- Guides and assistants conduct health checks, and wear face masks throughout the tour.
- Infection countermeasures are in place at tour destinations.
6. This tour promotes Eco-friendly efforts as stated under Sunrise Tours' Sustainable Development Goals.
Please check the following page for details.
08:30-08:40 10(min) Meet in front of Kumamoto City Hall Front Entrance Please show your reservation confirmation sheet at reception. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure time.
08:40-09:30 50(min) Board the Tram Take the tram to Zoological and Botanical Gardens Entrance Station
Walk to the bicycle pick-up location.
09:30-09:45 15(min) Bicycle Rental There will be 1 rental bicycle for each person.
The guide will explain the cycling route as well as important reminders during travel.
*Please wear clothing which is easy to move around in.
*A cross bike will be used for cycling. Depending on the number of customers or the rental status, a road bike may be used instead.
09:45-10:25 40(min) Cycling around Lake Ezu Suizenji Ezuko Park is a nature-rich hydrophilic park with an important ecosystem home to over 600 species of animal and plant life. While cycling, experience the nature around Lake Ezu.
It is said that the spring water from Lake Ezu stays at a constant temperature around 18 degrees throughout the year. The park's Splash Pond and Zo-san (Elephant) Pool turn into a kids' playground, and become especially bustling on weekends as many families come to visit.
10:25-10:40 15(min) Japanese Banana Plant Grove Stroll After passing by Lake Ezu, you'll come upon a grove of Japanese banana plants that make it seem as if you're suddenly in a different country.
Due to the abundant underground water, it became a place where people can come across valuable plant life and wild birds.
As the water is clear, feel free to dip your bare feet during the hotter days of the year.
10:40-10:50 10(min) Cycle toward Kumamoto Suizenji Garden Ride the bicycle again and head towards the area near Kumamoto Suizenji Garden.
10:50-11:40 40(min) Kumamoto Suizenji Garden At the approach to Kumamoto Suizenji Garden, enjoy shopping for souvenirs and trying some food.
After having some food, walk to the park for a guided tour.
11:40- Tour Ends The tour ends at the approach to Kumamoto Suizenji Garden.
The tour includes an admission ticket to Suizenji Park. After the tour, enjoy your time inside the park.
*Not accompanied by guide.