Journey to the Heart of Japan: 1-Day Shinto Learning Tour at Ise Jingu (Round Trip from Nagoya)
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Chubu (Nagoya, Kanazawa, Takayama, etc.) Walking Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. Visit both the Naiku and Geku of Ise Jingu, a shrine loved by Japanese people. Ise Jingu is said to be the most sacred spot in the Shinto religion. Here, learn about Japanese mythology, culture, and more with easy-to-follow explanations from an English-speaking National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter.
2. Enjoy comfortable transportation with reserved seats on the limited express train for the round trip from Nagoya. With a National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter by your side there's no worry about getting lost, so enjoy worry-free sightseeing. Participants who plan to stay in Ise, Shima, or Toba on the day following the tour may leave the tour midway.
3. Both the Geku and Sengukan will be toured. Learn all about the soul of Ise Jingu, including exhibits on how the divine treasures are made, a model of the Ise Jingu buildings, and videos.
4. Step through the torii gate that guards the Naiku and enter a different world. World leaders visited this spot during the 2016 G7 Ise-Shima Summit. Experience the Naiku's unique atmosphere which features towering trees and the murmuring of a river.
5. Also enjoy a walk around Okage Yokocho, the side street area at the gate to the Naiku where over 60 shops recreate an old fashioned atmosphere. Try some of the local food such as Ise udon noodles.
08:45-08:45 Meet at Tourist Information Center inside Nagoya Station The National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter will be waiting for participants holding a placard at the Tourist Information Center inside Nagoya Station.
*This is not the JR Information Desk; it is the Nagoya Station Tourist Information Center. Please take care to go to the correct meeting location.
09:10-09:10 80(min) Depart from Nagoya Station Head to Ise via Kintetsu limited express train (reserved seat).
10:30-10:30 Arrive at Iseshi Station Begin your journey to Ise Jingu.
10:45-12:00 75(min) Visit Sengukan & Geku - Tour the Sengukan, which features models and video exhibits about Ise Jingu and the Shinto religion, along with a National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter.
The full-scale model of the Geku's main hall is a must see.
- The Geku has about 1,500 years of history, and is venerated as the guardian deity for food, clothing and shelter, and industry.
As Ise Jingu is the site of many ceremonies throughout the year, restrictions may be placed on visiting without prior notice. Thank you for your understanding.
20(min) Board a Route Bus Head to Okage Yokocho & the Naiku via Route Bus
12:30-15:20 170(min) Okage Yokocho Stroll & Naiku Visit - Okage Yokocho features many souvenir shops and restaurants. See historical Ise-style structures from about 400 years ago that were moved and rebuilt or recreated here, and enjoy local food such as Ise's specialty anko-coated mochi (rice cake), Ise udon noodles, and Ise lobster croquettes. Please have lunch on your own here.
- The Naiku has about 2,000 years of history and is dedicated to Amaterasu Omikami, the most sacred Shinto deity. To visit, cross Ujibashi Bridge which is said to connect the ordinary world and the sacred world.
5(min) Board a Route Bus Take a route bus to Isuzugawa Station
16:09-16:09 87(min) Depart from Isuzugawa Station Head to Nagoya via Kintetsu limited express train (reserved seat).
17:37-17:37 Arrive at Nagoya Station Tour ends upon arrival.