Kumamoto Samurai Experience Tour (4-Hour Charter Plan)
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
Kyushu Walking Tour
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. This tour lets customers learn about the Japanese spirit in Kumamoto, where the samurai history and tradition from a few hundred years ago remains palpable. This is limited to 1 group (2-4 people) per day. The tour is guided by a National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter in a charter vehicle.
2. Look forward to a Japanese archery experience with proper etiquette in a traditional dojo. After watching the instructor's movements, try to shoot the target!
3. To learn about the soul of Japanese sweets, experience making high-grade namagashi (fresh Japanese confections). Enjoy the sweets you made yourself and matcha green tea!
4. At one of the oldest Japanese sake breweries in Kumamoto City, listen to a lecture about Japanese sake brewing and taste some sake!
5. About Infection Countermeasures:
- Hired car interiors are disinfected and sterilized.
- Drivers, guides, and assistants conduct health checks and disinfection, and wear face masks throughout the tour.
- Infection countermeasures are in place at tour destinations.
6. This tour promotes Cross-cultural Understanding as stated under Sunrise Tours' Sustainable Development Goals.
Please check the following page for details.
13:20-13:30 10(min) Pick-up at Specified Hotel in the City Please show your reservation confirmation sheet at reception. Please be at the lobby at least 10 minutes before the departure time.
14:00-15:00 60(min) Japanese Archery In Japan, Kumamoto is an area especially rich in martial arts. Here, the samurai spirit from time immemorial remains alive. Using a sword and bow are basic skills of samurai. At Kitaoka Kyudojo, a traditional Japanese archery hall, learn from the instructor and try your hand at shooting with a bow and arrow! The make of a Japanese bow is simple, and reflects the heart of the shooter. Enjoy seeing the Japanese beauty of form as you watch the instructor's demonstration.
15:30-16:30 60(min) Japanese Sweets The tour will head to Kawashiri, a town that once flourished in traditional handicrafts with the help of transportation by water. Experience making sweets that represent Japanese aesthetics. It's a delightful sight when red bean paste made from beans is transformed to reflect Japan's seasonal scenery. Enjoy the sweets you made yourself along with some matcha green tea.
16:45-17:45 60(min) Sake Brewery After enjoying Japanese sweets, head to Zuiyo, established in 1867. The 2nd floor of the shop which was renovated from a warehouse is a tasting space. Enjoy sampling 3 kinds of sake with different tastes. The brewer will explain the differences between the tastes. Have fun guessing which one's which! Also feel free to buy souvenirs you like.
17:45-18:00 15(min) Drop-off at Specified Hotel in the City