1-Day Nikko World Heritage Tour (Toshogu Shrine， Kegon Falls & Lake Chuzenji) (No Lunch)
- Tour Code :
- Departs from :
- Tour Brand :
- change(s) from the previous year :
- Price(Lowest) :
- Overview :
1. This bus tour takes customers efficiently and directly to Nikko's sightseeing spots which are difficult to visit on one's own using route buses. The National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter will lead participants on a tour of Nikko Toshogu Shrine, registered as a World Heritage Site, while telling them about its rich history.
2. Visit Kegon Falls, counted among the greatest waterfalls in Japan. (Except some tour dates. *See Remarks.)
3. Visit Lake Chuzenji, a scenic lake with a circumference of about 25 km and a depth of 163 m, created about 20,000 years ago from an eruption of Mt. Nantai which blocked the valley. (Excluding some dates)
4. After finishing the shrine's large-scale repairs which took around 4 years and cost around JPY 1.2 billion (approx. USD 11 million), the national treasure Yomeimon Gate was opened to the public in 2017. Lay your eyes on the richly colored structures that have been restored to their former glory.
5. Travel back in time to the Edo Period (1603-1868)! There will be a stopover at the Hanyu Parking Area, which reproduces the Edo-style atmosphere. See the beautiful structures and famous long-established shops dating back to the Edo Period, and enjoy shopping for souvenirs. *See Remarks.
6. Customers may opt to end the tour at Tobu Nikko Station.
7. Customers may listen to explanations from the National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter directly from their smartphones. Feel free to use it while avoiding crowds. *An exclusive app must be downloaded free of charge.
8. About Infection Countermeasures:
- Bus interiors are disinfected and sterilized.
- Drivers, guides, and assistants conduct health checks and disinfection before boarding, and wear face masks throughout the tour.
- Tour destinations implement countermeasures specified by the Japanese government.
9. This tour promotes Cross-cultural Understanding and Social Contribution as stated under Sunrise Tours' Sustainable Development Goals.
A portion of the sales will be donated for the conservation of World Heritage Cultural Properties in Nikko as part of Sustainable Development Goals.
Please check the following page for details.
08:05-08:15 JTB Sunrise Tours Sales Office on the 3rd Floor of Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo's Main Tower in Shinjuku Please arrive by 8:05. The bus will depart at 8:15.
Access: A 5-minute walk from Shinjuku Station West Exit, reachable via the JR Lines or subway, or a 1-minute walk from Tochomae Station Exit B1 on the Toei Oedo Line.
*Customers who are late for the departure time will have their reservations canceled. Please give yourself plenty of time.
90(min) Nikko Toshogu Shrine A registered UNESCO World Heritage Site, this sacred place with over 400 years of history is where Ieyasu Tokugawa, the founder of the Tokugawa Shogunate, is enshrined. Enjoy seeing the traditional beauty of the main hall, as well as the sleeping cat and 3 monkey carvings.
50(min) Meal Break Meals are not included. Customers are to have lunch on their own.
Cafes and restaurants near the rest area can be very crowded. Preparing this prior to departure is recommended.
10(min) Lake Chuzenji Created by an eruption of Mt. Nantai, Lake Chuzenji is a symbol of Nikko.
*Please refer to the [Exemptions/Itinerary Guarantee: Itinerary/Destinations] in the Remarks.
30(min) Kegon Falls Known as one of Japan's 3 great waterfalls, Kegon Falls towers an impressive 97 meters and gushes water from Lake Chuzenji.
[Remarks] The charge to take the Kegon Falls elevator is not included in the booking price. Admire the waterfall from the observation deck facing the falls free of charge.
16:30-17:00 30(min) Tobu Nikko Station Stop at Tobu Nikko Station.
Tour ends for those who wish to end the tour here. *The tour may stop by Nikko City hotel(s) to pick up/drop off customers.
20(min) Hanyu Parking Area The Hanyu Parking Area is a rest area along the highway which creates a close representation of an Edo Period town.
See the beautiful structures and famous long-established shops dating back to the Edo Period, and enjoy shopping for souvenirs.
[Remarks] Depending on road conditions, the tour may stop at a different parking area (rest area) instead of the Hanyu Parking Area. In this case, please note that the different rest area will not be a representation of an Edo Period town.
19:00-19:30 Shinjuku This tour disbands upon arrival near Shinjuku Station West Exit. Please head to your next destination on your own from Shinjuku.